Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Alice Liu <al...@axis41.com> on 2006/12/07 19:15:01 UTC

I got NullPointer Exception when I test my ejb (EJB3.0 version) using Junit with Cactus

HI,

 My code is like this.

public class SampleFacadeTest extends ServletTestCase {

    @EJB

    SampleFacadeLocal sampleFacade;

    public void setUp() {

    }

    public static Test suite()

    {

        return new TestSuite(SampleFacadeTest.class);

    }

    */

    public void testFind() throws Exception{

        String firsName =  "Rick";

        String testName = sampleFacade.find(112233).getFirstName();

        assertEquals(firsName , testName);

    }

}

The sampleFacade variable got null pointer exception at line

String testName = sampleFacade.find(112233).getFirstName();

EJB3.0 is new thing. I wish I could get answer from here.

Thanks.

Re: I got NullPointer Exception when I test my ejb (EJB3.0 version) using Junit with Cactus

Posted by Franz Roth <fr...@gmx.de>.
if this works [and your facade isn't "null":)], check whether the searched
object is null

assertNotNull(sampleFacade.find(112233));

> Hi, Franz
>
> In the new version EJB3.0 we use annotation @EJB to refer an ejb
>
> @EJB
> SampleFacadeLocal sampleFacade;
>
> We don't use instance. Even though I instantiated it, I got Null Pointer
> in SampleFacade class at line that use em(EntityManager). In EJB3.0 we
> define em like this:
>
> @PersistenceContext(unitName="someName")
> private EntityManager em;
>
> Thanks.

franz roth
schulstr. 15
72669 Unterensingen
07022 604963

RE: I got NullPointer Exception when I test my ejb (EJB3.0 version) using Junit with Cactus

Posted by Franz Roth <fr...@gmx.de>.
hi,