Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sandy <sa...@ymail.com> on 2011/09/29 16:16:07 UTC

customisation of path in pom

Dear friends

I am successful in integrating selenium html tests using maven on my local
machine.
In my pom.xml i give the local path for firefox to run the html test.

how should i do to customise my firefoxpath.

Re: customisation of path in pom

Posted by sandy <sa...@ymail.com>.
thank you for the reply

could you please let me know bit clearly..because i am very new to maven

Re: customisation of path in pom

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I am successful in integrating selenium html tests using maven on my local
> machine.
> In my pom.xml i give the local path for firefox to run the html test.
>
> how should i do to customise my firefoxpath.

I don't use this plugin but it appears that Selenium simply uses the
Firefox binary it finds in your PATH. So you can customize this by
simply ensuring that the proper Firefox binary you want to use for a
given test run is first in your PATH. This does not appear to be a
setting you can customize anywhere in the plugin itself.

Wayne

Re: customisation of path in pom

Posted by sandy <sa...@ymail.com>.
Thank you for the reply.

How can i differentiate this with different os..

I mean I run the tests on my local machine with windows os
and my test system is with linux...

thank you

Re: customisation of path in pom

Posted by Guillaume Polet <gu...@gmail.com>.
Simply use properties
<properties>
<firefox.path>/usr/share/bin/firefox</firefox.path>
</properties>

and wherever you need that value, just replace by ${firefox.path}

Cheers,
Guillaume