Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2016/03/31 08:50:11 UTC

Default for backups in AtomicConfiguration

Igniters,

I noted that in our AtomicConfiguration we have PARTITIONED cache with
backups=0. This appears to be very unreliable configuration which do not
survive node crashes.
For example, if user create AtomicLong with this config and the kill a
node, he could receive error message "Failed to find atomic with given
name" without explaining him that it might be lost.

Looks like we should either change defaults (e.g. backups=1 or
REPLICATED cache),
or improve our error messages.

Thoughts?

Vladimir.

Re: Default for backups in AtomicConfiguration

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.
Fine for me. Vladimir, can you please change it in master?

--Yakov

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yakov Zhdanov <yz...@apache.org>.