Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/05/17 21:04:21 UTC

Services accessing the SOAPContext (ala servlet info...)

FYI - not sure who sees these cvs messages, and I know some
people are interested in this feature.
-Dug

---------------------- Forwarded by Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM on 05/17/2001
03:03 PM ---------------------------

dug@apache.org on 05/17/2001 01:45:55 PM

Please respond to soap-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   xml-soap-cvs@apache.org
cc:
Subject:  cvs commit: xml-soap/java/src/org/apache/soap/server
      RPCRouter.java

dug         01/05/17 10:45:55

  Modified:    java/src/org/apache/soap/providers RPCJavaProvider.java
               java/src/org/apache/soap/server RPCRouter.java
  Log:
  When looking for a Java method if we don't find it, before we fault
  look for the same method name with an additional parameter (1st)
  of type SOAPContext.  If found call it.  This allows services to
  get access to the request SOAPContext which contains a bag of
  properties that has things like the Servlet info (in the http case).

  If we get the DD.xml file to the point where each method can have
  its own options then we can add a flag to tell us to skip the
  1st check and search only for the one with the SOAPContext arg.