Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/29 23:01:49 UTC

bloom filter types

In 0.90,
    /**
     * Bloom enabled with Table row as Key
     */
    ROW,
    /**
     * Bloom enabled with Table row & column (family+qualifier) as Key
     */
    ROWCOL

Is there wiki / doc on which type to use in various scenarios ?

Thanks

Re: bloom filter types

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Here is link to the 0.90.0 BF doc Ted:
http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.0-candidate-2/docs/blooms.html
 Its from some doc Nicolas wrote way back.

@N Yeah, if you want to add a bit to the book or elsewhere (We can
link to the latter).

St.Ack

Re: bloom filter types