Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/09 21:24:56 UTC

AJAX Testing

Hi All,

Is it possible to use jmeter to test AJAX based web pages? If so is it AJAX vendor version specific?

Thanks,
-Tony

Re: AJAX Testing

Posted by daniel soto <ba...@decepticons.cl>.
Tony,

It is possible, you need to record the events with Http Proxy or Badboy.

2010/6/9 Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to use jmeter to test AJAX based web pages? If so is it AJAX
> vendor version specific?
>
> Thanks,
> -Tony

Daniel Soto P.

Un hombre con una idea nueva es un loco hasta que la idea triunfa!

Re: AJAX Testing

Posted by Sean Tiley <se...@gmail.com>.
I would certainly be interested in such a webinar.

On Jun 12, 2010 1:04 AM, "Frank Cohen" <fr...@pushtotest.com> wrote:

Hi Everyone:

The upside of JMeter's protocol-focused testing is tremendous scale. One can
run thousands of test cases concurrently in a computer of modest
proportions.

The downside of this approach is that protocol-level testing is much more
difficult to apply to Web applications that maintain stateful operations in
the client. Many new systems I work with have data persistence, event
mechanisms, server daemon-based logic, custom business logic, and desktop
integration in a client running in the browser. Emulating all of this in a
protocol driven test is very difficult.

At PushToTest we implemented a test architecture using the Htmlunit headless
browser framework. Htmlunit runs the client, including Javascript from an
Ajax application, just as Firefox or Internet Explorer does. We can easily
instantiate hundreds of Htmlunit instances in the memory of a test running
machine. The downside to this approach is the need for more load test
running boxes to achieve your virtual user counts because of the significant
extra overhead.

There is a good alternative now available from PushToTest. TestMaker now
runs JMeter tests. This enables you to combine protocol driven tests with
SeleniumHtmlunit tests in one test use case. For example, a test use case
composed of multiple test steps runs a JMeter test, then shares the set
cookies and other values with a Selenium tests.

I would be happy to organize a live group Webinar-style meeting to show off
the new integration and discuss enhancements. Please let me know your
thoughts. Thanks.

-Frank

--
Frank Cohen, http://www.PushToTest.com, phone 408 871 0122
PushToTest, the open-source test automation company

Re: AJAX Testing

Posted by Frank Cohen <fr...@pushtotest.com>.
Hi Everyone:

Re: AJAX Testing

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Im not sure I get the question, and perhaps the answers are different for
different type of samplers. If you have a specific sampler in mind (e.g.
HTTP Sampler) then the values being measured are pretty well defined.
In Jmeter the measurements are for samplers, so if you do some setup work in
say a pre processor , that time wont be counted (which may be a good or bad
thing)

regards
deepak

Re: AJAX Testing