Posted to general@xml.apache.org by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com> on 2003/07/01 03:36:20 UTC

beginner list for forrest somewhere?

  is there a separate mailing list just for forrest users,
as opposed to developers?

rday

Re: beginner list for forrest somewhere?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Marc Portier wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > is there a separate mailing list just for forrest users,
> > as opposed to developers?
>
> nope, has been considered in the past, but not done.
>
> I think there hasn't been enough noise-aggrevation either
> side to urge on splitting the traffic.
>
> just subscribe, you are welcome.
> (in case you needed the invitation ;-))

That is correct - we have not seen the need yet. All "use"
issues seem to be "development" issues and new use cases.

Robert, please come to forrest-dev and discuss there. If the community
can define a sensible split between dev and users, then we can propose
a new list.

--David

Re: beginner list for forrest somewhere?

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@mindspring.com>.
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Marc Portier wrote:

> just subscribe, you are welcome.
> (in case you needed the invitation ;-))

no, no, that's never been one of my character flaws. :-)
to start *really* simply (i'll slowly collect more questions),
based on the sample site layout that comes with the forrest
download, what's the recommended site layout file?
site.xml or book.xml?

as i read it, if site.xml exists, it's used.  if it doesn't
exist, book.xml will be used.

personally, i think book.xml has a more straightforward format,
but since i plan on having a hierarchical structure to my files,
i like the "site:" feature.

so what's the preferred way to do this?

rday

p.s.  more challenging questions later, i promise.

Re: beginner list for forrest somewhere?

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.
nope, has been considered in the past, but not done.

I think there hasn't been enough noise-aggrevation either side to
urge on splitting the traffic.

just subscribe, you are welcome.
(in case you needed the invitation ;-))

-marc=