Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com> on 2003/10/11 14:50:51 UTC

Re: [VOTE] - Make Pluto Build with MAVEN.

Moved from jetspeed-dev. It belongs here

El viernes, 10 octu, 2003, a las 11:18 Europe/Madrid, Santiago Gala
Pérez escribió:

> El jueves, 9 octu, 2003, a las 01:46 Europe/Madrid, Glenn R. Golden
> escribió:
>
>> I've got pluto to build and run on mac osx, tomcat 1.4.27 - no
>> problems, no changes.
>>
>> - Glenn
>>

> cvs? Not without changes (see other mail in thread). which cvs client?
> (fink 1.11.5 here)
>
> if it was zip, your unzip removed the ^M from .sh files and

OK, I see David took care of ^M in cvs

> WRT running, which jdk? I think the problem lies there. I'm using
> Apple's latest 1.4.1

I sorted out my problems:
- The message in build.xml (If I understand it right) is misleading. I
would not call tomcat 4.1.27 "an older version of tomcat", as it is the
latest released, but I needed to copy the endorsed files for tomcat
under jdk 1.4.1 for pluto to work
- Even then, pluto crashed trying to deploy a portlet.xml until I
erased all webapps not related to it. I think it was wsrp the one
interacting. I'll check that and report later.

I commit two very small things (ant crlf -> lf and the only remaining
\\\\ in paths in java code)

Can someone who knows either commit or tell me a more specific message
in build.xml re: tomcat versions/jdks that need the endorsed copying?