Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ramnivas indani <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/03 09:16:29 UTC

password enabled templates

Hi all,

i have created a new template using sshkey pair, when i use same template
in deployVirtualMachine and get job status using queryAsyncJobStatus i get
password in password field of response and also get password in
getVMPassword but both are different and i am not able to login to vm using
any of these ?

can anyone point me to right direction ?

Thanks & Regards,
Ramnivas

Re: password enabled templates

Posted by ramnivas indani <ra...@h2osoftwares.com>.
thanks for helping me

<ra...@h2osoftwares.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have already embedded password script in template, i want to ask
> like for which user it generates new password.
>
> Thanks,
> Ramnivas
>

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Jayapal Reddy Uradi <
> jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > getVMPassword returns the encrypted password.
> > Is your template has cloud-set-guest-password script ?
> >
> > Copy the cloud-set-guest-password script into guest vm and create
> template
> > from it.
> > Set password enable in this template and deploy vm with it.
> >

> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.0/html/A
> dmin_Guide/add-password-management-to-templates.html
> >

> https://github.com/shankerbalan/cloudstack-scripts/blob/master/cloud-s
> et-guest-password-sles
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jayapal
> >

> > On 03-Jul-2013, at 12:46 PM, ramnivas indani <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > i have created a new template using sshkey pair, when i use same
> template
> > > in deployVirtualMachine and get job status using
> > > queryAsyncJobStatus i
> > get
> > > password in password field of response and also get password in
> > > getVMPassword but both are different and i am not able to login to
> > > vm
> > using
> > > any of these ?
> > >
> > > can anyone point me to right direction ?
> > >
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Ramnivas

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: password enabled templates

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ramnivas indani <ra...@h2osoftwares.com>.
Hi,