Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Chao-Han Tsai <mi...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 04:23:18 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] AIP-5: Remote DAG Fetcher

Hi all,

I would like to bump this thread up again to seek for more feedbacks from
you for the AIP-5:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/AIP-5+Remote+DAG+Fetcher

In short, this AIP aims to enable Airflow to fetch DAG files from remote
storage systems (git, s3,...) outside the file system local to the service.
This grant a much greater flexibility, eases implementation, and
standardizes ways to sync remote sources of DAGs with Airflow. It also
opens up new opportunities for Airflow such as exposing all versions of
DAGs to Airflow to support versioned DagRuns.

Cheers,

Chao-Han

--

Chao-Han Tsai

Re: [DISCUSS] AIP-5: Remote DAG Fetcher

Posted by James Meickle <jm...@quantopian.com.INVALID>.
I left some comments on this, and on AIP-20. I'm glad to see this moving
forward as I think it's a foundational building block, even if it won't be
so useful immediately :)

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.
A vote thread should be initiated which AIP get accepted if it gets 3
binding vote.  There are three AIPs which been accepted so far.

Posted by Chao-Han Tsai <mi...@gmail.com>.
Dear Airflow committers,

--

Chao-Han Tsai