Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/02 05:06:13 UTC

Re: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

You can directly load to the backend Lucene using LuSql[1]. It is
faster than Solr, sometimes as much as an order of magnitude faster.

Disclosure: I am the author of LuSql

-Glen
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/

[1]http://lab.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cistilabswiki/index.php/LuSql

--

-

Re: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/2 Francis Yakin <fy...@liquid.com>:

> Glen,
>
> Is this LuSql is free? Is that an open source.

LuSql is an Open Source project.

> Is that requires a separate machine with Solr Master

LuSql is a Java application that runs on the command line. It connects
to a the database using JDBC and creates a local Lucene index, based
on the configuration you supply to it.

> I forgot to tell you that we have Master/Slaves environment of Solr.
>
> The Database is running Oracle and it's separate machine that running in different network than Master and Slaves Solr(There is a firewall between Oracle machine and Solr Machines).
> If we have LuSql Machine, do you think it's better to put into the same network with DataBase machine or Solr machines?

LuSql is heavily multi-threaded, and can suck up the resources of all
cores (this is why it runs so fast), so you need to decide if this is
not appropriate for your database machine (i.e. if it is a production
machine). You can isolate LuSql  to specific cores using something
like numactl http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man8/numactl.8.php

> Do I need to create a sql script to get the data from Oarcle and loading it using LuSql and convert it to Lucene index, and how solr master will get that data?

LuSql reads from Oracle and writes to a Lucene index. You just need to
give LuSql a configuration that has it generate the appropriate index
for Solr.

thanks,
Glen
http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/search?q=lucene

--

-

RE: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

--

-

Re: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
LuSql can be found here:

--

-

RE: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

--

-

Re: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

Posted by Glen Newton <gl...@gmail.com>.
> Are you saying that we have to use LuSql replacing our Solr?
To load your data: Yes, it is an option
To search your data: No, LuSql is only a loading tool

-glen

--

-

RE: Is there any other way to load the index beside using "http" connection?

Posted by Francis Yakin <fy...@liquid.com>.
Glen,

--

-