Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Per Magne Bjornerud <PM...@interlect.co.jp> on 2006/10/12 08:42:41 UTC

Persistance

Got one more question today.

I am loading data from a file. Data will be inserted or updated in the
DB according to whether or not it exists from before.

Keeping track of which objects that comes from the DB (and needs an
update()), and which have been new'ed (and needs an Insert) seems like a
thing that iBatis users must be doing all the time.

Can anyone recommend a pattern for doing this? I can keep of three ways
of doing this, with increasing levels of abstractness, but don't know
which one to choose. Links or keywords to let me dig up more details on
the web also greatly appreciated :)

--
Per Magne Bjornerud