Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Milamber <mi...@apache.org> on 2012/10/03 00:08:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release JMeter 2.8 RC2

Hello,

The second release candidate for JMeter 2.8 has been prepared, and your
votes are solicited.

This release brings some valuable improvements and fixes some bugs.

If you can, some tests of this release candidate (load tests and/or
functional tests) with Java 5/6/7 on Linux/Windows/Mac OS on changes are
welcome.

New and Noteworthy with some screenshots to illustrate improvements and
list of changes:
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.8RC2/docs/changes.html

JMeter is a Java desktop application designed to load test functional
behavior and measure performance. The current version is targeted at
Java 1.5+.

Archives/hashes/sigs and RAT report:

http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.8RC2/dist/

MD5 hashes of archives for this vote:

780d8964a295fd762c18a259699ebe60 *apache-jmeter-2.8.zip
ea9f8919d584e052830b2ea08624fb40 *apache-jmeter-2.8.tgz
25efd413963aa809570595ebd541c808 *apache-jmeter-2.8_src.zip
2f94df41d08bc4fbb71871c46434a428 *apache-jmeter-2.8_src.tgz

Site Docs are here:
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/jmeter-2.8RC2/docs/

Maven staging repo is accessible here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejmeter-083/org/apache/jmeter/

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/tags/v2_8_RC2/ (r1393162)

Keys are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jmeter/dist/
also
http://people.apache.org/~milamber/

N.B.
To download the dependencies: "ant download_jars"

To create the jars and test JMeter: "ant package test".

JMeter 2.8 requires Java 1.5 or later.

Note that there is a bug in Java on some Linux systems that manifests
itself as the following error when running the test cases or JMeter itself:

  [java] WARNING: Couldn't flush user prefs:
  java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException:
  java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not supported: indent-number

This does not affect JMeter operation.

All feedback (and votes!) welcome.

[  ] +1  I support this release
[  ] +0  I am OK with this release
[  ] -0   OK, but....
[  ] -1   I do not support this release (please indicate why)

The vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

Note: If the vote passes, the intention is to release the archive files
and rename the RC tag as the release tag.

Thanks in advance!

Milamber

.

Re: [VOTE] Release JMeter 2.8 RC2