Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Eva Lacy <ev...@lacy.ie> on 2012/11/20 18:31:49 UTC

Replication Backup

Hi All,

It takes a long time to reindex our database and so I'd like to be able to
backup the solr server.
I'm running solr 3.6.1 using tomcat on debian squeeze and I'd like to be
able to backup to a
windows server that contains the rest of our backups.

There isn't much free space on the solr server. Enough for maybe 3 backups.
Ideally I would like to be able to backup the index by pulling it similar
to how a solr slave does
but from the windows server. I heard that it uses something like rsync to
do that.
That way I could create a backup solution that backs up daily for 3 days,
then holds onto one of those every 10 days
or something similar.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Eva

Re: Replication Backup

Posted by Eva Lacy <ev...@lacy.ie>.
There doesn't seem to be a lock file created by the snapshooter, it news up
a lock file but it never obtains the lock.
So there is no indication of when it is finished backing up the files.

Re: Replication Backup

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eva,

Re: Replication Backup