Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/05/16 20:57:40 UTC

Setting Up Release Directory...?

Is there anything else I need to do before [1] can be processed by
infrastructure?

Robert

Re: Setting Up Release Directory...?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 06/20/13 03:54, David Crossley wrote:
> Good stuff Seb. I removed the old Incubator release, etc.

Thanks

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Good stuff Seb. I removed the old Incubator release, etc.

-David

Re: Ready to Announce The Release ...? [WAS Re: Setting Up Release Directory...?]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 07/07/13 20:14, sebb wrote:
> On 7 July 2013 11:07, Robert Burrell Donkin
> <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 07/07/13 01:03, sebb wrote:

<snip>

>> Probably worthwhile doing a limited announcement (creadur website and so on)
>
> The creadur RAT site includes download links to 0.9 but is headed 0.9-SNAPSHOT.

I was wondering about giving Creadur a little bit more of a suite feel
by including a download section on the top level website

Robert

Re: Ready to Announce The Release ...? [WAS Re: Setting Up Release Directory...?]

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 07/07/13 01:03, sebb wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> Note that 0.9 takes much very longer than 0.8 if there are long files
>> that don't contain the license near the start.
>> This is because 0.9 has several extra scanners, all of which are very
>> inefficient on such files.
>> 0.8 only had one such scanner.
>>
>> I've fixed these issues in SVN.
>

> :-)
>

>> So maybe worth holding off until 0.91 (or whatever) can be released.
>

> Should we sort out the binary assembly before cutting a new release or just
> rush out what's in trunk...?

I think we should fix the binary assembly; should not be too difficult.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 July 2013 18:53, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On 06/19/13 14:38, sebb wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Sorry about the repeated checkins; I think it's all OK now.
>

> Great :)
>
> Am I safe to announce the release now...?

I think so.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 06/19/13 14:12, sebb wrote:
> On 19 June 2013 12:54, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>> I was about to update the download.xml page when I noticed that the
>> dist area [1] does not use binaries/ and source/ directories.
>> Is that intentional, or should I fix that first?
>
> Also, in other TLPs with sub-components, the files are put in a fixed
> directory structure - i.e. the version does not appear in a directory
> name.
>
> For example commons lang:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/binaries
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/source
>
> The advantage is that all the current versions are together, and it's
> obvious which is source and which binary.
> The disadvantage is that it is a bit harder to see which versions are
> available, and removing stale versions is a bit harder.
>
> On reflection, I rather like the current creadur structure !

Great :-)

Apologies for dropping the ball on this, and thanks for getting this
sorted out :-)

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.