Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mojoRising <jp...@averoinc.com> on 2008/04/24 21:31:04 UTC

execAndWait losing form parameters

I have a form that updates a user profile. When I add the 'execAndWait'
Interceptor it appears to work correctly - that is, the wait.jsp page
displays and then goes back to the results page. But, the request parameters
(those from the user profile form that are being submitted) are getting
lost. Am I missing something?

Re: execAndWait losing form parameters

Posted by mojoRising <jp...@averoinc.com>.
Could this be related to the meta refresh tag on the wait page? I saw 2
examples on how to structure this tag:

from: http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/execute-and-wait-interceptor.html

And from the manning book:

When I add the 'includeParams="all"' it doesn't seem to work at all, that
is, the parameters that are being passed in to the action are getting lost,
so I have not been using the latter example; which also does not work; when
i submit a user profile form the request parameters get lost.

Does anyone know what could be the issue here?

Posted by mojoRising <jp...@averoinc.com>.
One thing that I see happening is, when I submit the form, the prepare method
of my action is called and my parameter (userId) is not null. Then the wait
page appears, and then the prepare method of my action is called a 2nd time
and now the userId parameter is null.

Why is the prepare method of my action being called twice? On a few random
occasions the prepare method is only called once and on those occasions it
appears to work fine...?