Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Stanley Shi <ss...@gopivotal.com> on 2014/05/20 03:54:17 UTC

Re: Container request with short hostname vs full hostname issue

To my understanding, resource manager(RM) only knows the current active
host by its "long" name; if a host is not seen, it will assume it is not
active NOW.
when RM sees a short name, it doesn't know this is a short name for some
long name so it will not assign it to any node; but instead it will wait
for some other hosts to register as the short name (which will not happen);

Regards,
*Stanley Shi,*