Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joe Ammann <jo...@pyx.ch> on 2019/11/22 22:13:22 UTC

MirrorMaker from Kafka 2.2 does not respect client.id for consumer

Hi all

I have a Kafka MirrorMaker 2.2 configuration running. In the
consumer.properties file, I have group.id and client.id configured
(among other props).

When MirrorMaker starts, it seems to ignore the setting for client.id
and uses <group.id>-0 as the client id (also reports so in the consumer
config summary during startup).

I've checked with several different settings, but it never seems to take
the specified value. I would like to put the hostname in there to ease
my monitoring.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

CU, Joe