Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bruce Ritchie <br...@jivesoftware.com> on 2007/03/01 16:28:02 UTC

RE: TextMining.org Word extractor

I can't speak to where you can get a copy of the original code, but the
modified code I have is not GPL licenced - the license header in at
least one file is as follows:

/*  Copyright 2004 Ryan Ackley
 *
 *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
 *  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
 *  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
 *  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
 *  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.
 *  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
 *  limitations under the License.
 */

Regards,

Bruce Ritchie

Posted by Antony Bowesman <ad...@teamware.com>.
The Nutch sources contain Ryan Ackley's Word6Extractor which has the header

/*  Copyright 2004 Ryan Ackley
  *
  *  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
  *  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
  *  You may obtain a copy of the License at
  *
  *      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
  *
  *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
  *  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
  *  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
  *  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
  *  limitations under the License.
  */

followed by the interesting Javadoc comment

/**
  * This class is used to extract text from Word 6 documents only. It should
  * only be called from the org.textmining.text.extraction.WordExtractor because
  * it will automatically determine the version.
  *
  * @author Ryan Ackley
  */

Antony