Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com> on 2022/01/04 16:27:22 UTC

replication table offline issue

Hello,

I setup replication and ran 'online accumulo.replication' however i n master i keep on getting error stating accumulo.replication is offline. I can scan accumulo.replication table it has no data at all

the error is:
-------------------------------------

WARN Failed to write work mutations for replication, will retry
clinet.MutationRejectedException: # constraint violations: 0 security codes: {} # server errors 0 # exceptions 6
at xxxclient.impl.TabletServerBatchWriter.checkForFailures
caused by TableOfflineException: Table accumulo.replication (+rep) is offline
---------------------------

There are no constraints that I am using on any table.
I added grants for root as well as my replication user for accumulo.replication Tbale.WRITE (there was only Table.READ before)
if i run offline accumulo.replication i can see it is offline and then i can bring in online again however i still keep getting error

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks

-S

Re: replication table offline issue

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
This might be a transient issue. It looks like a warning, not an
error. Maybe the table state in ZK is not propagating to all tservers
at the same time? Restarting the cluster could help. You probably
didn't need to add WRITE permission to the table. If I remember
correctly, replication should use the system credentials, not the root
user's, so granting WRITE to the root user shouldn't matter.

Posted by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com>.
Thanks Ed/Chris,

yes replication is table is hosted only one tablet server and I looked at that tablet server, there are no errors.

I am seeing all this errors in active master server log.

zkcli to state the replication table showed its online.

I guess I will restart masters, if that doesn't work then restart that just one tserver holding the replication tablet and if that fails then restart entire cluster 🙁

Will remove write grant from root and replication user.

Appreciated your help

-S