Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/25 13:14:40 UTC

MyFaces shared version question

Hi all,

How does shared version numbering works? Is it 2.0.x for 1.1 and 3.0.x for
1.2 or something completely different? Also, as a related question should
2.0 branch use its own version of shared?

Regards,

~ Simon

Re: MyFaces shared version question

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Simon Lessard schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> How does shared version numbering works? Is it 2.0.x for 1.1 and 3.0.x
> for 1.2 or something completely different? Also, as a related question
> should 2.0 branch use its own version of shared?
Yep.

2.0.x for JSF-1.1, kept here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/shared/trunk/

3.0.x for JSF-1.2, kept here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/shared/trunk_3.0.x/

As far as I remember, the main reason for the split is to support
java1.5 generics etc. I don't initially see any reason why JSF2.0 would
need to have its own version of shared, and if you can avoid branching
the code then that will make life easier for maintenance. So I would
suggest staying with the existing 3.0.x line unless you run up against
something that makes that impossible.

Regards,
Simon