Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2018/08/14 07:46:43 UTC

Re: Breaking change to spatial indexes to migrate to latest H2 version

Dmitriy,

Spatial indexes is one of our features, packed as separate optional module
[1]. With proposed changes users of this feature will not be able to
migrate to 2.7 until they rewrite and recompile their code, because both
compile-time and run-time compatibility will be broken. Required changes to
the code are minimal - just change package names.

If there are no concerns, I will merge it to master branch in the nearest
time.

[1] https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/geospatial-support

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
I tend to agree with Vladimir and Sergey. I would upgrade to the new H2
version and document this incompatibility with spatial indexes.

D.

Posted by Sergey Kozlov <sk...@gridgain.com>.
Vladimir