Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Joel McConaughy <jo...@displayware.com> on 2004/07/09 19:05:33 UTC

esql:get-xml default namespace?

I am using the tag <esql:get-xml column="otherxml"/> to retrieve xml
from a database column.  Using a view, I can see the output from this
step in the pipeline and it looks fine.  However, when I try to access
the returned xml from a stylesheet later on in the pipeline, it doesn't
find it.  I believe I have a namespace problem but I haven't been able
to figure it out.  I've tried the following:

1.  Put surrounding tag into a specified namesapce:
<outer xmlns:dw="displayware:ns">
  <esql:get-xml column="otherxml"/>
</outer>

2.  namespace qualify the generated root element:
<outer xmlns:dw="displayware:ns">
  <esql:get-xml column="otherxml" root="dw:frag"/>
</outer>

Help would be greatly appreciated.  I've been flailing on this for 2
days now.  Thanks.

joel