Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/13 22:17:56 UTC

Creating a UTC-based .ics file for board meeting invite

I was trying to export an ics file from Zoom to create a recurring
board meeting for the UTC time, but I end up being put into real
calendar applications which have really shitty timezone support (other
than parsing it). These ics files seem fairly trivial syntax-wise, so
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way we could generate them for the
board meetings? It'd be nice to have something more machine-readable
than a calendar text file.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Creating a UTC-based .ics file for board meeting invite

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Ooh, nice, thanks for the tips everyone! Seems like a simple enough
feature for me to look into.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
It is a text format with rules. See Wikipedia: [1] or this page. [2] or this 15 year old forum question [3]

[1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar
[2] https://openicsfile.com/create.html
[3] https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=402624

Sent from my iPhone