Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by David Kendig <dk...@gcmd.nasa.gov> on 2002/10/30 14:24:56 UTC

ISOGEN XML Query Results

I'm trying a compound query using ISOGEN's XML package for Lucene and I am
consistently getting 0 hits when I know ahead of time I should be getting one
hit.

This query returns lots of hits.

query1 = nodetype:ALL_CONTENT  AND content:foobar

This query is structured to return one known hit that is returned from query1
that has <Start_Date>19900509</Start_Date>.

query2 = tagname:Start_Date AND content:19900509

The problem is that query1 and query2 work fine individually until I combine
them with an 'AND'.  Then it returns 0 hits.

query3 =  ( tagname:Start_Date AND content:19900509 ) AND (
nodetype:ALL_CONTENT  AND content:foobar)

If the same document is returned in query1 and in query2, why wouldn't it be
returned with query3?

Thanks for any help,

Dave

Re: Lucene and XML

Posted by David Kendig <dk...@gcmd.nasa.gov>.
Rob

I found it under the Lucene 'contributions' page on the main web site.
Apparently ISOGEN is a commercial company that open sourced their XML
extention to Lucene.  It seems to be very nice and thought out but I do
wonder who maintains the contributed code.

Dave

Lucene and XML