Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Rob Verkuylen <ro...@verkuylen.net> on 2012/02/09 15:39:27 UTC

Flume avro file extension

I ran into problems with post processing Flume avrodata files with Pig's
AvroStorage loader. The loader will only read files with a .avro extension.

There's no section in the official AVRO spec, but the general consensus
seems to be to use the ".avro" extension for writing avro data files. See
AVRO-153 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-153> and Cloudera on
AVRO Usage <https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/Avro+Usage>

Don't see it in Flume's Jira, but I can't be the first to raise this issue
either. Any thoughts?

Re: Flume avro file extension

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.
Missed that during my search, 980 is marked as duplicate/resolved.

Posted by Robby <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eric Sammer <es...@cloudera.com>.

--