Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2003/04/15 08:48:08 UTC

How do I add a non-Commons-type jar to Struts?

As you may have noticed from some commits today, I decided to add the
"validwhen" Validation rule to 1.1 because a lot of people have asked
for it, and because the "requiredif" rule is confusing enough to be
generating a LOT of struts-user traffic that could be eliminated by
making the more powerful and simple validwhen rule available.

However, JavaCC turned out not to have the horsepower to handle the
grammar, so I had to switch to ANTLR for the parser.  The only problem
is that ANTLR requires a runtime jar file (totally compatible with the
Apache license, so there's no issue there.)  However, I can't find any
place I could commit the jar file so that it will be correctly built
into the distribution.  Everything else in /lib comes out of Commons or
related stuff.  Ideas?

James