Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Ilia Chipitsine <il...@paramon.ru> on 2005/07/02 14:20:23 UTC

Re: Is there a way for James to scan the body of a message?

> Hi!
> I have looked around for a while, but without success. My question is:
> is there a way for James to scan the body of a message then stop it?
> For example, if an email's message body has a string like "xyzabc",
> then James stop it (null)

the best way may be to use some spam-filter, such as SpamAssassin or like.
because "the body of the message" can be:

1) html encoded
2) plain text
3) quoted printable encoded
4) base64 encoded

those are things spam detection software usually take cares of :-)