Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by tapuser <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/30 08:37:49 UTC

Persisted Object with session scope is getting lost between the pages.

Hi,
       I am new to Tapestry. I am facing a problem with Mater-Detail Pages [
Orders List -> Item List  -> Item Edit/Add/Delete.]

OrderList Page displays:

OrderId - OrderNumber - ItemDetails
123    -    ABC123 -    Link to ItemDetails (OrderId is passed as parameter)

ItemList Page Displays:

Order Number: ABC123
-----------------------------
Add new item button

ItemId - ItemName - Qty
1       -    Book1 -  2 (link to item details for edit/delete)
2       -   Book2   - 3 (link to item details)

In OrderListPage.java:

In viewItems() method:

ItemListPage nextPage = (ItemListPage ) cycle
				.getPage("ItemListPage");
nextPage.setOrder(order);
cycle.activate(nextPage);

In ItemListPage.java: I am persisting the order object.

@Persist("session")
public abstract void setOrder(Order order);
public abstract Order getOrder();

In ItemForm.java: I am persisting the order object. ( Don't how to access
the persisted object in the previous page).

@Persist("session")
public abstract void setOrder(Order order);
public abstract Order getOrder();

When I am saving Item, getOrder() is returning null. This value exists when
I navigate to new Item Page. But it is getting lost while accessing save
method in ItemForm.java.

Please help...

Thanks in advance...

-Sri

Re: Persisted Object with session scope is getting lost between the pages.

Posted by tapuser <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Martino,
                After persiting the state to the client. It is able to hold
the original values.
Thanks.
Sri.

Posted by Martino Piccinato <ma...@gmail.com>.