Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jason Rogers <ja...@tumbleweed.com> on 2001/09/12 17:00:05 UTC

linking in

Does anyone know how to link to IDL doc within a javadoc task?  The
following target produces a javadoc error because it is looking for
"index.html/package-list" in the linked documentation.

<target name="javadocs" depends="init, javadoc_check"
[...]
    <link
href="http://myserver.somewhere/all_products/doc/product_dir/idl_doc/index.h
tml" />
[...]
</target>

The specific error is:
[javadoc] javadoc: Error fetching URL:
http://myserver.somewhere/all_products/doc/product_dir/idl_doc/index.html/pa
ckage-list

Thanks.

-Jason

Re: linking in

Posted by Ernst Plüss <er...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jason

This isn't an ant but a general javadoc problem:

If you link to an already existing java documentation,
javadoc wants to have the appropriate package-list
file (or maybe the index.html, I'm not 100% sure about
the index.html).
Changing your path to
http://myserver.somewhere/all_products/doc/product_dir/idl_doc
should help

Do you have access to myserver.somewhere from the
machine you start the ant script? If not, your link
attribute should look like this: <link offline="true"
href="http://myserver.somewhere/all_products/doc/product_dir/idl_doc/"
packagelistLoc="location/of/the/packagelist/file/without/mentioning/the/package/list"/>

HTH
Ernst

 --- Jason Rogers <ja...@tumbleweed.com>
schrieb: > Does anyone know how to link to IDL doc
within a