Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2016/02/04 16:31:39 UTC

[ANN] New Karaf website online

Hi all,

as you may have seen that the new Karaf website is now online.

Don't hesitate to create Jira (with website component) if you see some
broken links and rendering issue.

Thanks !
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [ANN] New Karaf website online

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tom,

Yes + there seems to be an issue when there is too much text. The div
stays at the same height..
Will look to fix that.

Regards,
Morgan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Tom,

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
Great!!! :) You should also update the new feather :)

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Re: [ANN] New Karaf website online

Posted by Daniel McGreal <d....@gmail.com>.
Very nice.
Good job!

Dan.

Posted by Nick Baker <nb...@pentaho.com>.
Nice! I’ve got conflicting feelings though. Sorta like seeing an old friend retire

-Nick

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
It looks great!

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ANN] New Karaf website online

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
It looks great!

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ANN] New Karaf website online

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Baker <nb...@pentaho.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 9:50 PM, Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I try to explain it to new co-workers as a generic application hosting
> platform with the ability to update your deployment while it's running in
> small pieces.

I often feel as if my application is running in small pieces.

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ANN] New Karaf website online

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [ANN] New Karaf website online

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Haha, very true!

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Haha, very true!

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 1:55 PM, Raman Gupta <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for the explanation JB!
>
> I would probably change the wording to something like:
>
> "Karaf is a flexible component container with multiple deployment
> options. Focus on your business code and application and Karaf deals
> with the rest."
>
> I think getting the word "component" in there is important, or even
> "OSGi" (but that might be too technical). The rest is just a
> simplification for clarity.

If you aren't already committed to OSGi, I doubt you'll choose to use
Karaf. I think that OSGi belongs on the front door.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks, it sounds good.

I would prefer to keep "OSGi" out of the picture on the front page.

Regards
JB

Posted by Raman Gupta <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.