Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Andreas Berger <an...@googlemail.com> on 2006/11/08 03:06:47 UTC

XML-File Handling

Hello,

I took a look at the generator, Bruno submitted Sunday and saw that
SAX is used for XML processing.
Wouldn't it be better to use a DOM based processing? (in general, not
only for the auto generation of code)
The advantage is that we could auto generate Java-Objects for holding
the XML-Data, so we don't need to process the Configuration files by
hand. We only need a well-formed XSD to describe the structure. Also
validation works fine with the DOM based Model. So the XSDs' are
always up to date which also improves the usability for the end-users.

A possible implementation is Apache Xerces [1]

cheers
Andreas

[1] - http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/