Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Juan Alberto Cirez <ac...@hip2linux.com> on 2001/03/05 03:39:56 UTC

Re: Starting Apache + mod_jk

try using the complete path to mod_jk.so
I am assuming you copied mod_jk.so to apache/libexec
If that is so, use the following line in mod_jk.conf-auto (Or whatever file you
include in the http.con file).

LoadModule jk_module /path/to/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so

Tomcat generates the file tomcat-apache.con-auto everytime it starts so what you
want to do is copy this file to a safe location (Update it whenever you
modify/add a tomcat context)
What I did I copied it to tomcat-apache.correct then include the following line
in it:
LoadModule jk_module /path/to/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so

Then jusr add the file
include /path/to/tomcat-apache.correct
in my httpd.con file

Remember you have to re-start apache every time you restart tomcat...

Tan Khim Siang wrote:

> Hi Gregory, how are you doing?  Need your advise: how do you manage to get
> the mod_jk?
>
> Thanks Gregory.
>
> Khim

Juan Alberto Cirez - Chief Creative Officer
acirez@hip2linux.com - webadmin@hip2linux.com

------ hip2linux Professional Services, Inc.-----------
- Fortalezza VPN/Firewall
- Commandante Remote Network Management
- Network Security
- Intranet & Extranet Management
www.hip2linux.com www.micanno.com
www.dominicanarmy.com www.basementsuite.com
www.micanno.com  www.fortalezza.com
 Sunny and Beautiful Vancouver, Canada.

Re: jdbc realm

Posted by Thomas Riemer <to...@58k.com>.
JDBC Realm is used for authentication against a database.

We use it to protect a directory from access, unless you are
authenticated.
It allows you to keep all your credentials in a database instead of in a
flat file somewhere.

JDBC Realm has a couple of problems, for those of you using it.

1) It has to change pretty radically between 3.2.1 and 3.3.1.  It looks
like some of the
    code in 3.2.1 is never called.
2) It is single threaded - worse yet, its synchronized.   In a web
environment this can make your
performance take a bit of a hit.    Only one person can authenticate at a
time.
3) It doesn't do any pooling of databases - each time that you go to the
database, its reconnecting to the
database.  That is a heavy cost...  One of the reasons why it was
synchronized was because of the lack of
database pool handling.

But as an example of the basics required to build an Authentication module
- its absolutely great.

-Tom

jdbc realm

Posted by mikhail malamud <mi...@drexel.edu>.