Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2006/07/25 02:20:37 UTC

maven-jar-plugin: include/exclude functionality?

Hi,

I need to build 3 jars from the classes created by a module; a "full"
jar and two jars that contain subsets of the available classes.

Binding the jar:jar goal to the package phase using <executions> causes
it to run fine, but I can't see any includes/excludes option for this
plugin in the documentation. I've tried it anyway, and while there are
no error messages any includes/excludes tags appear to be ignored. Am I
missing something?

If not, do I need to resort to binding the maven-assembly-plugin to the
package phase instead of the jar plugin? That looks possible, but not as
elegant..

Thanks,

Simon

Re: maven-jar-plugin: include/exclude functionality?

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Simon Kitching-2 wrote:

> I need to build 3 jars from the classes created by a module; a "full"
> jar and two jars that contain subsets of the available classes.

If you need to build 3 different jars (not taking into account javadoc and
sources jar) from a single module, it's probably that this module should be
3 different modules :)

If, for whatever reason, you don't want to split up your module in 3
different modules, you have to use the assembly plugin to create "customs"
jars out of your module.

Denis.