Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by taygolf <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/05 23:01:52 UTC

AJAX target cache issues I think please help

Hey guys I have a small problem. I have 2 fields. One named type and one
named subtype. They both are textfields with buttons next to them. When the
user clicks the button a modal window comes up and asks the user to select a
value. The value is selected and when the user clicks ok the modal window
closes and ajax puts the value in the textfield for me. For subtype the list
that appears for the user to select from is narrowed down by what type was
first selected. fairly easy so far.

The problem I encounter is when I select a type and subtype and then decide
to change the type. I have a function setup that when the type is changed
the subtype is automatically set to blank. This works fine as well. THe
problem occurs when I go to select a new subtype. the correct list of values
is shown but if I decide to close the modal without selecting a new value
then the old value returns! I can not have this. the old value as far as I
know has been erased with blank. I can only thin k that it is coming back
through cache or something like that.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks for the help