Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by adasal <ad...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/15 21:04:50 UTC

Stanbol - build - run

Hi,
I have spent the last several days trying to compile and run a local
instance of the Stanbol project.
I can compile. If I include tests I must exclude integration as this fails
with similar errors (the same errors plus out of heap space) as when I run
the compiled project skiping that test.
The errors I get are such like:-
ERROR: Bundle org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.servicesapi [131]: Error
starting
inputstream:org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.servicesapi-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.servicesapi [131]: Unable to resolve
131.0: missing requirement [131.0] package;
(&(package=org.apache.stanbol.commons.owl.util)(version>=0.10.0)) [caused
by: Unable to resolve 58.0: missing requirement [58.0] package;
(package=com.hp.hpl.jena.graph)])
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.servicesapi [131]: Unable to resolve
131.0: missing requirement [131.0] package;
(&(package=org.apache.stanbol.commons.owl.util)(version>=0.10.0)) [caused
by: Unable to resolve 58.0: missing requirement [58.0] package;
(package=com.hp.hpl.jena.graph)]
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3443)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1727)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1156)
        at
org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

They all indicate the missing requirement package=com.hp.hpl.jena.graph,
rdf.model and datatypes.

Is this really that I am not able to allocate enough memory to the runtime?
(My Mac has 4g but it gets eaten up by these processes) or am I missing
something else?

Any ideas?

Adam

Re: Stanbol - build - run

Posted by adasal <ad...@gmail.com>.
Alessandro, Rupert,
Thank you for your hints.
1. I had not set the MaxPermSize and mx correctly. When I did the
pre-compiled binary did indeed run.
2. I knocked out the directroy branches as suggested but, in fact, when
correctly reading the output my problem was
in ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/clerezza/ext/com.hp.hpl.jena.tdb so I
deleted that and then all OK.
I had forgotten the minutiae of maven. The obvious thing is to watch the
output and delete folders that may have incorrect xml history files in them.

Many thanks,

Adam

On 16 October 2012 05:43, Rupert Westenthaler <rupert.westenthaler@gmail.com

Re: Stanbol - build - run

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adam.

Re: Stanbol - build - run

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi Adam,

When you launch Stanbol are you setting up the JVM memory arguments as
required? Like, say, -Xmx1g or so.

depending on which launcher you are using, you might also need to
increase the size of the permanent generation, which holds all
reflective objects for Java classes and methods.

I figured the full launcher works with -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

all the best

Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice