Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Coonrod <jc...@thp.org> on 2001/02/09 01:51:02 UTC

Recommendations for JSP development tools?

I'd like to improve the productivity of my people here. To date, I've done
all my JSP development with a text editor.

Has anyone had any luck with JSP and any of the FrontPage type programs
(including FrontPage?).

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

----------------
Dr. John Coonrod, Vice President, jc@thp.org
The Hunger Project, 15 East 26th Street, NY, NY 10010 www.thp.org

Re: Recommendations for JSP development tools?

Posted by "Brett W. McCoy" <bm...@chapelperilous.net>.
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, John Coonrod wrote:

> I'd like to improve the productivity of my people here. To date, I've done
> all my JSP development with a text editor.
>
> Has anyone had any luck with JSP and any of the FrontPage type programs
> (including FrontPage?).

Borland JBuilder is a good choice.  It's also cross-platform (Windows,
Linux & Solaris, I believe).

Stay away from FrontPage -- it's OK for beginners, but it's not really
suited for professional work.

-- Brett
                                     http://www.chapelperilous.net/~bmccoy/
"Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich."
		-- "Ali Baba Bunny" [1957, Chuck Jones]