Posted to users@maven.apache.org by shinsato <ha...@shinsato.com> on 2006/08/28 22:39:29 UTC

Way to run surefire against 1.4 AND 1.5

Is there a way to run tests through the surefire plugin against both a 1.4.2
and a 1.5.0 runtime?  This doesn't seem likely, but I had trouble finding
the full listing of parameters fore surefire on the website.  A related
question, if I make the source 1.5 and use the retrotranslator to backgrade
it to 1.4 compatibility (which works just great), surefire will still run
the tests against 1.5.  Changing the target to 1.4 causes a compiler
complaint, but perhaps there is some other trick to get around this?

I can submit a request for this feature against surefire, but if the demand
is small, what would be the right way to do this?  Modify the current
surefire plugin?  Use ant?  Thanks!

      Harold