Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de> on 2007/08/27 10:58:22 UTC

wicket contrib yui

Hi,

i stumbled over yui some time ago, and noticed that there is also a
wicket-contrib-yui project. However, the version under
https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicket-contrib-yui/
seem to rely on 2.2.0.

Are there any plans for a 2.3.0 or sth. like that?

Best Regards,

Korbinian

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.
> Also note that we did something similar in wicket-datetime. Maybe, in
> some future, it would be great to have all the YUI components
> together. For now, we could look whether the projects can at least be
> used together without having them bite. A thread of two weeks ago
> discussed this. The conclusion was that we probably would like
> something like a separate YUI project with all the js dependencies in
> it, so that projects using them can access it in a consistent fashion.
> If someone is up to it, please dig up that discussion and create a
> feature request linking to that discussion (nabble).
>
> Eelco

Done: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-902, with some
minor blathering by yours truly.

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.

> IMHO hardwiring is somehow an antipattern for me - maybe we could have a
>   "setYuiPath" in it that defaults to the delivered YUI but leaves the
> possibility to have other YUI versions as well?

Well, its not really hardwired, its just a default fallback used by
the static factory methods. Other factory methods exist to provide
choice for these attributes. But while you are in there adapting it to
2.3.0, by all means feel free to make whatever adjustments you want.
You might even want to start with a clean slate, since the work
YuiHeaderContributor was set up to do has been made redundant with the
addition of the dynamic loader.

best,
jim

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hi Jim,

 > Yes, my understanding is that 2.3.0 will return most of
 > YuiHeaderContributor back to the compost pile. Do you think you will
 > be able to do this? Let me know if you have questions.

I'll have a look on this, but this will not be before the weekend however.

http://wicketstuff.org/jira/browse/WSYUI-2

 > Right, you either need to change the default version in the
 > HeaderContributor, or change the components you want to use to call
 > the above method.

IMHO hardwiring is somehow an antipattern for me - maybe we could have a
  "setYuiPath" in it that defaults to the delivered YUI but leaves the
possibility to have other YUI versions as well?

Regards

Korbinian

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Hi James,

[...]

PS: most time today i spent on fighting with maven - anyone an idea how
i can have a maven-project as "Library" in a normal project under
Netbeans 5.5.1 ?

Re: wicket contrib yui

Posted by James McLaughlin <jo...@gmail.com>.