Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/18 03:09:02 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Diverge between master and 1.x-branch

Note for reader: This may be only related to committer/PMCs.

Hi,

We recently changed our master to 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT and make 1.x-branch.
Everything except "removing docs" is same between master and 1.x-branch but
now it is diverged.
New PR which is based on commit after "removing docs" can't be "merged" to
1.x-branch via "git merge" cause it also merges excluded commits.
(For example, https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/1024)

I'm curious which is convenient way maintaining 1.x-branch or 2.x-branch.
If we decide to maintain 1.x-branch, it could be a pain if we need to merge
many pull requests for 0.x / 1.x after diverged.
What do you think?

For now I'm waiting for decision before backporting STORM-1482
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STORM-1482> to 1.x-branch. It's
already pushed to master, but I can't decide how to backport it to
1.x-branch. Cherry-picking would what we want?

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Re: [DISCUSSION] Diverge between master and 1.x-branch

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
FYI, I backported STORM-1484 and STORM-1478 to 1.x-branch which makes
diverge, since it doesn't touch clojure files and they are small fixes.

After this, we can still backport pull requests via "git merge".

There're some pull requests left for bug fixes which should be backported
to 1.x-branch (even 0.10.x-branch)
In order to ease works, we may want to sync between master and 1.x for some
moments.

- Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

2016년 1월 21일 (목) 오전 6:49, Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.