Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com> on 2001/09/05 20:28:59 UTC

Coredump in mod-include (INTERNALLY generated...

hi.
just wondering if anyone care's for Cliff's fix to this
core dump that he posted a while back

..Ian

--
Ian Holsman          IanH@cnet.com
Performance Measurement & Analysis

Re: Coredump in mod-include (INTERNALLY generated...

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 11:28:59AM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> hi.
> just wondering if anyone care's for Cliff's fix to this
> core dump that he posted a while back

I think OtherBill said he was going to fix this the "right way."
I forget what the right way is.

I think he's in an airplane now, so I dunno what his timetable is.
-- justin

Re: Coredump in mod-include (INTERNALLY generated...

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On 5 Sep 2001, Ian Holsman wrote:

> hi.
> just wondering if anyone care's for Cliff's fix to this
> core dump that he posted a while back

I never even convinced _myself_ that it was the Right Way, since the whole
purpose of the INTERNALLY GENERATED FUBAR r->uri is that there might not
even be a uri for the file if it's in a different directory.  That part
makes sense.  You can mask the behavior with my patch, and sometimes it
works, but I'm willing to bet that if you gave it a file with no valid URI
that it'd puke.  My patch only fixes (works around) the cases *I've*
thought up, which isn't very many.  =-)

I have no idea what the Right Way is.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley