Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by simon <si...@lexues.co.jp> on 2001/09/14 04:29:26 UTC

max_threads

Hello everyone,

I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3 on Vine Linux 2.1.5 (basically Redhat 6.2, Japanese version)

Q: If I create a new thread in my servlet is this counted as a 'tomcat thread'?  I have read on the mailing list (and have
experienced first hand) that if the number of threads passes the max_threads setting in server.xml then tomcat 3.2.3 dies less than
gracefully.  Is this 'thread count' just the threads created by tomcat itself or does it include threads that I create in my
servlet?

Hope you can help,

--
simon colston