Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/08 15:44:54 UTC

Logging service in it plan.xml files

I've started seeing if we can get a clean build on trunk using
-Pall-subprojects, and I immediately hit a problem with the it
subprojects under the geronimo-gbean-deployer config.  This is giving an
error starting the config because it can't load
org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.Log4jService.   The source of
the errors appears to be this entry in the
framework/configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/src/it/j2ee-system-it1/src/main/plan/plan.xml

     <gbean name="Logger" class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.log4j.Log4jService">
         <attribute name="configFileName">var/log/client-log4j.properties</attribute>
         <attribute name="refreshPeriodSeconds">60</attribute>
         <reference name="ServerInfo">
             <name>ServerInfo</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

I found similar entries to this in other plans that have been commented
out and commenting this out makes the build error go away.  Changing
this to

     <!-- Logging service -->
     <gbean  name="Logger"  class="org.apache.geronimo.system.logging.OSGILogServiceWrapper">
         <attribute  name="configFileName">var/log/server-log4j.properties</attribute>
         <attribute  name="refreshPeriodSeconds">60</attribute>
     </gbean>

also gives a clean build.  What is the appropriate fix for this problem,
just commenting this out or changing the service name?

Rick