Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Yun Tang <my...@LIVE.COM> on 2023/02/26 17:24:12 UTC

[Discuss] Some questions on flink-table-store micro benchmark

Hi dev,

I just noticed that flink-table-store had introduced the micro benchmark module [1] to test the basic performance. And I have two questions here.
First of all, we might not be able to keep the micro benchmark, which is based on JMH, in the main repo of flink-table-store. This is because JMH is under GPL license, which is not compliant with Apache-2 license. That's why Flink moved the flink-benchmark out [2].

Secondly, I try to run the micro benchmark locally but it seems failed, I just wonder can we make the flink-table-store's micro benchmark could be periodically executed just as flink-benchmarks did on http://codespeed.dak8s.net:8080? Please correct me if such daily benchmark has been set up.
Moreover, maybe we can also consider to integrate this micro benchmark notification in the Slack channel just as what flink-benchmarks did.

Best
Yun Tang

Re: [Discuss] Some questions on flink-table-store micro benchmark

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Thanks for the response. I think we can also incorporate the performance regression monitoring with Slack in the feature, which Yanfei ever did [1].

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/b75j2sgzhf25298p4982fy9tzdjrvght

Best
Yun Tang
Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.