Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Alexander Malysh <al...@ecnetgroup.com> on 2000/12/12 18:56:37 UTC

System.exit(0)

I was kind of surprised that a System.exit(0) call in servlets or jsp's will
shut down jakarta ... bug or intetion ?

--
MfG,
Alexander Malysh

"However," replied the Universe, "the fact has not created in me a
sense of obligation."
		-- Stephen Crane

Re: System.exit(0)

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Use the Java SecurityManager, as documented here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/uguide/tomcat-security.html

Regards,

Glenn

Re: System.exit(0)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Alexander Malysh wrote:

> I was kind of surprised that a System.exit(0) call in servlets or jsp's will
> shut down jakarta ... bug or intetion ?

Well, it's part of the nature of the beast when you run in a single JVM.

In Tomcat 3.2 on a Java2 platform, you can enable a security manager to exercize
fine grained control over what any given web application can do.  This is
obviously one of the things one would restrict.

This feature is not yet available in Tomcat 4.0, but it's planned.

> --
> MfG,
> Alexander Malysh
> Dipl.-Ingenieur