Posted to user@poi.apache.org by RaghavPrabhu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/02 06:25:47 UTC

Word Extraction without images is possible?

Hi all,

 I want to extract the word docs, without extracting the images. How can i
extract the document (only text not images in the documents) with this
criteria.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Prabhu.K

Re: Word Extraction without images is possible?

Posted by Anthony Andrews <py...@yahoo.com>.
If all you want is the text without any formatting information, then Nick has written a class that will do just this for you.

Have a look at the WordExtractor class. It has methods that allow you to recover the text as an array of Strings.