Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Kien Truong <du...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/21 07:53:34 UTC

Accept Avro object in ListCheckpointed interface

Hi,

ListCheckpointed only accept Serializable object at the moment, which make it cumbersome to checkpoint avro objects (have to convert them to byte arrays first). Is there any plan to support avro object directly?

Best regards,
Kien

Re: Accept Avro object in ListCheckpointed interface

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

ListCheckpointed is just a simplified/shortcut version of the more powerful interface CheckpointedFunction. If Serializable does not cover your use case, I suggest you to go with CheckpointedFunction and create your states in initialize(…) via the initializationContext.getOperatorStateStore().getListState(…). You can pass in type serializers (e.g. Avro) via the state descriptor. Hope this helps.

Best,
Stefan