Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com> on 2019/10/09 22:23:09 UTC

Zeppelin status

Hey all.. I'm working on some simple Mahout integration programs.. they're publicly available on my GitHub.

https://github.com/andrewpalumbo/mahoutTestApps

(Need to push some  hanged from messing around last night still).  It's intended as bit an integration test "suite" and a how-to to test newly released and snapshot jars.

@rawkintrevo.. what is the status with the Zeppelin Mahout kernel?  I know it was never merged to the Zeppelin master, but I thought I remembered some integration.. is it just a question of adding Mahout jars to the spark kernel?  Id like to use it for ggplot2, and some separate demos.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Re: Zeppelin status

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
I think it _was_ merged at one point. For a long time the "Mahout Example
Notebook" lived in Zeppelin.

The issue was, just about the time we made that, Zeppelin version bumped to
Spark 2.0, which we still don't have binaries for so it was always a
question of the user having to hack their way into ti.

Afaik, there's docs on how to set it up on Mahout.apache.org, which are
still accurate. You just need to make sure you compile Mahout for the
version of spark you're going to run.

Also be advised, the Spark "fat" jar is _NOT_ required.

It'd also be cool to looking into hosting notebooks on mahout.apache.org,
but I don't have cycles for that atm.

tg