Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Robert Dietrick <ro...@nokia.com> on 2005/08/12 04:45:44 UTC

jdbc task + missing column names

I've just run the "jdbc" task to reverse engineer my XML schema
definition from an existing Oracle database schema.  Many of the
<column> elements in the schema file are missing "name" attributes.
(They look like <column type="DECIMAL"/>, which is fairly useless.)

Anybody know if there is a fix for this?  I've tried with versions 3.0
and 3.2.

Thanks.

-Rob

Re: jdbc task + missing column names

Posted by Robert Dietrick <ro...@nokia.com>.
Nevermind.  I'm an idiot.

Was using a regex to remove the 'javaName' attribute from the <column>
elements and was accidentaly stripping the 'name' attribute, too.

ext Robert Dietrick wrote:
> I've just run the "jdbc" task to reverse engineer my XML schema
> definition from an existing Oracle database schema.  Many of the
> <column> elements in the schema file are missing "name" attributes.
> (They look like <column type="DECIMAL"/>, which is fairly useless.)
>
> Anybody know if there is a fix for this?  I've tried with versions 3.0
> and 3.2.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Rob

Robert Dietrick
Software Engineer
Network Game Solutions/Web Services Team
+1 415 581-7709