Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Thomas Muller <tt...@online.no> on 2002/07/01 20:00:35 UTC

Correction!! (was: RE: XMLLayout conversion pattern)

Perusing the code you can see that you will have to set LocationInfo *for
the actual Layout* in order to get class/method/line information. If you're
using SMTPAppender you're adviced to set LocationInfo for the appender as
well.

--

Thomas

 |  |
 |  |
 |  | How do I customize the XML log event produced when using the XMLLayout
 |  | appender? I would like to include additional data as is
 |  | currently done with
 |  | the ConversionPattern. However, the ConversionPattern is not
 | supported by
 |  | the XMLLayout appender. Specifically, I want to output the
 |  | calling class (%C
 |  | in the ConversionPattern).
 |  |
 |  | Thanks,